The author’s main aim in this study is to look at how and within what framework the elements of costume from Ottoman period burials in Hungary have been treated by previous research, and to suggest some new directions of interpretation. The information on the ethnic and geographical origins of the population interred in sixteenth- and seventeenth-century cemeteries in Hungary, as provided by historical sources, has determined the questions formulated within previous archaeological scholarship: the analysis of burial customs and finds, mostly remains of clothing, has focused on an ethnic interpretation. This study has two main aims. First, to look for factors other than ethnicity which could contribute to the formation of clothing and of the way it appears in the archaeological record, taking a closer look at the archaeological and various aspects of the social and cultural context of certain objects. Second, to see how historical archaeology can modify our understanding of clothing in the past: the way it was treated by contemporary peoples, and the social and cultural structures that produced it.
A kötet adatai:
Megjelenés éve: 2010
Terjedelem: 97 oldal
List of Illustration
2. Hungary and its Population in the Perios of the Ottoman Conquest
3. Peoples and Material Culture in the Archaeology of Hungary in the Ottoman Period
4. Archaeological Research of Burials from the Carpathian Basin in the Ottoman Period
5. Sixteenth- and Seventeenth-Century Sorces of Costume History in Hungary
6. Approaches to Ottoman-Period Cemeteries in Hungary along the Lines of Ethnicities
7. Archaeological Evidence of Clothing and the Problem of Ethnicity in the Research of Ottoman-Period Cemeteries
8. Experimenting with the Context
A Kiadó kategória alatt megnézheti az adott kiadótól a boltunkban kapható könyveket az alábbi linken:https://goo.gl/XcpRDI
A kiadó neve kereshető és szűrhető is.